Privacy breaches must be reported. ActiveCo can help.
Privacy breaches must now be reported. So what is a privacy breach? Breaches can include, but are not limited to: successful hack or infiltration of your network, accidental access to information cross-department, employee snooping or data theft, software virus that gives access to information, loss of hard copies or soft copies and communication of sensitive information without a process to ensure privacy.
How to develop organisational procedures to meet compliance requirements? To meet Canadian Compliance PIPEDA requirements (and GDPR) your company will need policies, proof and procedures in place to meet compliance obligations. How do we help you meet compliance? Read on for our process that goes above and beyond what The Office of the Privacy Commissioner requires, to ensure your business is in constant pursuit of compliance.
A Strong Compliance Partner
- End user training to “nuture a culture of compliance” as required
- Empower employees to confidently use data safely
- Drastically reduce the possibility of end user initiated breach, the most common form of breach
- Indentify employee interactions with data
- Determine the risks to data in transport and at rest
- Establish the right risk level for company’s complexity
- Regular threat assessments and audit preparation
- SEIM logs required for post data breach reporting
- Ongoing post-incident evaluation and optimization
- Available Dark Web monitoring for your account credentials
- Consultation and selection of compliance reporting software
- Demonstration of “reasonable efforts” to protect employees and customers private data
- Consult and build automated steps to proactively reduce breach threats
- Consultation and selection of policies and procedures to aid in compliance
- Establish documented evidence controls
- Design and provide initial post-breach report as per government requirements
Not sure where your company currently stands? That’s fine. A stand-alone project that can lead into the compliance programs or just give you a baseline for your current readiness. Billed as a time and materials project. A comprehensive review shows your security weak spots:
- Understand exactly how to get started
- Prioritize any changes needed
- Learn where there are security gaps
Compliance Readiness Program
7 Program Deliverables:
- Monthly technical breach reviews
- Ongoing compliance monitoring and proof documentation
- Quarterly mini-assessment chcks
- Unlimited initial breach report generation
- Policy and procedure templates and guidance
- Recommendations for the right security tools
- Annual compliance status report
Why Choose ActiveCo For Managed IT Support?
ActiveCo is a BC-based Managed IT Support company offering a full slate of technology support and consulting. With strategic planning that focuses on maximizing performance, boosting productivity and growing your business, you’ll never look at IT the same way again.
Leverage Technology Investments
Improve Network Security
Reduce Business Risks
Mitigate Damage to Critical Files
Dramatically Improve Productivity & Performance