Every business has to deal with a certain amount of risk from various factors, from hackers, natural disasters, or user error. As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your organization can bounce back from a potentially dangerous situation with minimal casualties. We’re here to help you understand the importance of a risk assessment, and what you need to look out for.
What Risk Management Is
Risk management is the act of understanding and remedying problems that could cause trouble for your business in the long run. Risk management includes, but is not limited to:
- Business continuity: This is a broad term for the act of planning for the future in terms of backup and disaster recovery, workforce retention, and other problems that can directly be attributed to a disastrous change in operations. Basically, it’s making sure that your organization is prepared to handle a worst-case scenario.
- Network security: Network security protects your business’s network from the many cyber threats that exist on the Internet, including viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, trojans, and many others. As such, it’s a pivotal aspect of ensuring that your business’s future is secure.
- Asset management: Asset management basically consists of ensuring your technology, as well as your IT budget, is prepared to handle a worst-case scenario. When your server breaks down, will you have the funds to purchase new hardware, or invest in the repair of the broken-down unit?
What You Need to Watch For
As you can see, risk management is an all-encompassing part of managing a business. Thankfully, you don’t have to go about risk management alone. With the help of ActiveCo Technology Management, you can effectively manage risks to your business and ensure its continued prosperity. The following are services ActiveCo Technology Management provides that are designed to alleviate the major pain points of handling risk management.
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Security solutions – firewall, antivirus, spam blocking, content filtering
- Penetration testing
- IT management
- Remote maintenance and workstation/server management
ActiveCo Technology Management understands that a small business like yours can have trouble managing and maintaining critical IT systems. You already have your hands full, even without taking a cautious, preventative approach to your technology solutions. To find out how your organization can benefit from our managed IT services and our risk management expertise, contact us at 604.931.3633.